Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Gettin' Stoked

Looking back, I cant believe how many awesome friends I have that helped me get all this crap built.  I got so many great deals for supplies, and help with stuff that I either didnt have the tools to do or didnt know how to do myself.  I owe an enormous thanks to Gavin, Kelly, Dylan, Nate, and my Mom's fiancee Mark.  There is absolutely no way I could have pulled this off without you guys and you did it all for a few beers, or just to hang out and get your hands dirty.  Gavin, you especially are a workhorse.  You saved Kelly and I from screwing up more than once when putting together the subfloor.
On a side note, I have posted up my destinations...does anybody have any suggestions on highways to take between stops?  Rad stuff to check out along the way?  Great (cheap) camping spots?  Good trout fishing streams?  I am all ears.  Mark talked me into taking Highway 50 from Reno to Colorado (didnt take too much convincing, really).  Never driven any of these places before and would much rather take a slightly longer scenic route than a straight shot that will make me pray for sweet death.  Especially going through the plains.

1 comment:

  1. If you're going through Colorado I love Frasher and Winterpark. They're about two hours into the mountains outside of Denver with a very cheap Hostel, trails, and free camping. Everyone has a dog and they roam free, which is also cool:)

    The Tuckerbag

    ReplyDelete